Table of contents:
Biotene Oral Balance Moisturizing Gel is an over-the-counter product that can be used to relieve dry mouth symptoms. It is an alcohol-free gel that contains a moisturizing formula to soothe and protect dry mouth tissues against oral irritations and burning sensations.
Biotene OralBalance gel comes in a small tube that's perfect for discreet application and is portable and easy to use. It contains a Protein-Enzyme System and diminishes mouth odors. The Gel has been clinically tested and proven to provide long-lasting relief from dry mouth symptoms. You can find this product online or at many drugstores and retailers.
Use and Dosage
Biotene OralBalance Gel can be used as often as needed throughout the day. Do not eat or drink anything for about 30 minutes after using the gel to allow it to fully coat your oral tissues. Additionally, consult with your healthcare professional before using this product, especially if you're pregnant, breastfeeding, or taking medications.
To use Biotene OralBalance Moisturizing Gel, you need to follow these steps:
- Squeeze out about half an inch of the gel onto a clean finger or cotton swab.
- Apply the gel directly onto your tongue or inside your mouth.
- Spread the gel thoroughly inside your mouth using your tongue or finger.
- Use as required or as directed by a healthcare professional.
Biotene Oral Balance gel is used on an as needed basis. Do not use it more often than told by the doctor.
Common Side Effects of Biotene Oral Balance Gel (Non-Rx):
- Altered speech
- Abnormal taste
- Digestive problems
- Difficulty swallowing
Serious Side Effects of Biotene Oral Balance Gel (Non-Rx):
- Signs of an allergic reaction, like: rash; hives; itching; red, swollen, blistered, or peeling skin with or without fever; wheezing; tightness in the chest or throat; trouble breathing, swallowing, or talking; unusual hoarseness; or swelling of the mouth, face, lips, tongue, or throat
- Mouth irritation
- Change in speech
- Change in taste
Forms and Strength
Biotene Oral Balance Gel (Non-Rx) is available in the following forms and strength:
Biotene Oral Balance Gel: Gel
- No dose
- Allergic reaction: Some people may experience an allergic reaction to one or more of the ingredients in Biotene Oral Balance Gel. If you experience symptoms such as hives, rash, difficulty breathing, or swelling of the face, lips, tongue, or throat, seek medical attention immediately.
- Swallowing: Biotene Oral Balance Gel is not meant to be swallowed as it is intended for oral use only. If you accidentally swallow the gel, seek immediate medical attention.
- Interactions: If you are taking any other medications or supplements, be sure to speak with your healthcare provider before using Biotene Oral Balance Gel to avoid potential drug interactions.
- Children: Biotene Oral Balance Gel should be kept out of reach of children since accidental ingestion may result in choking or suffocation.
- Storage: Biotene Oral Balance Gel should be stored at room temperature and kept away from direct sunlight or heat. Additionally, it should be kept tightly closed when not in use.
- Pregnancy and breastfeeding: It is not known if Biotene Oral Balance Gel is safe to use during pregnancy or while breastfeeding. Speak with your healthcare provider before using this product if you are pregnant or breastfeeding.
- Chronic dry mouth: If you experience chronic dry mouth, speak with your healthcare provider before using Biotene Oral Balance Gel as there may be an underlying medical condition that needs to be addressed.
- Overuse: Using too much of the gel can result in a buildup on the inside of the mouth. Follow the instructions on the label and only use the recommended amount.
- Effectiveness: Biotene Oral Balance Gel may not provide relief for all cases of dry mouth. If you do not experience relief after using the product as directed, speak with your healthcare provider.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ)
Can I use Biotene Oral Balance Gel with dentures?
Yes, Biotene Oral Balance Gel is safe to use with dentures.
Can I use Biotene Oral Balance Gel before going to bed?
Yes, you can use Biotene Oral Balance Gel before going to bed to help relieve dry mouth symptoms overnight.
How long does the relief from Biotene Oral Balance Gel last?
The relief from Biotene Oral Balance Gel varies from person to person and depends on the severity of their dry mouth symptoms. For some people, the relief may last for several hours.
Can I use Biotene Oral Balance Gel with other dry mouth products?
Yes, Biotene Oral Balance Gel can be used in conjunction with other dry mouth products, such as mouthwash or toothpaste, for added relief.
It's important to purchase Biotene Oral Balance Gel from verified Canadian pharmacy.