1. Heart Disease – The most studied benefit of red wine is its ability to protect against various types of heart disease. Scientists believe that regular consumption of red wine is a sure defence against coronary heart disease because of its ability to reduce the production of cholesterol.
2. Clots – Moderate wine drinkers have been found to have lower levels of protein fibrinogen (fibrinogen promotes blood clot formation)
3. Kidney Stones – Red wine has the ability to prevent the formation of kidney stones.
4. High Blood Pressure – Too much alcohol can increase blood pressure; however a study found that the blood pressure of wine drinkers after two glasses and a meal was lower than its initial state.
5. Reverse Smoking Effects – smoking impairs the body’s natural ability to relax it’s vessels. Red wine decreases this harmful effect on the cells in the vessels.