How do Ketotifen eye drops work?
This medication, which can be found at Online Pharmacies Canada, works by blocking the release of histamine. Histamine is stored in mast cells and is produced as a defence mechanism by your body. When your body is introduced to an allergen, like cat hair or flower pollen, mast cells are stimulated into action to release histamine.
Upon release, histamine binds to its receptors causing, through a series of events, allergy symptoms. If you have eye allergies your symptoms may include inflammation, redness, itchiness and watering of the eye. Ketotifen eye drops block the histamine receptors in the eye stopping the inflammation and providing allergy relief.
Should I tell my doctor anything before using Ketotifen?
Before using Ketotifen tell your doctor about any of the following: If you are pregnant, planning to become pregnant, or are breastfeeding; if you are allergic to any ingredient in this medicine; if you are taking any prescription medicines, nonprescription medicines, herbal preparations, or dietary supplements; if you have any other medical conditions.
What should I know about Ketotifen?
- This medicine may cause mild stinging or burning when you first put it in your eye. Contact your doctor if the stinging continues.
- Do not use this medicine for extended periods of time. Ketotifen should discarded four weeks after opening.
- Do not use this medicine for future eye problems without first checking with your doctor.
- Do not wear soft contact lenses while using this medicine. Remove them before using the eye drops. You can put the contact lenses back in 15 minutes after use.
- This medicine may cause drowsiness and blurred vision. If affected do not drive or operate machinery.
Does Ketotifen have any side effects?
A severe allergic reaction (rash; hives; swelling) has been experienced by some users. The most common side effects may include: Burning; headache; runny nose; stinging; infection of the mucous membrane around the eye; eye discharge; dry eyes; eye pain; eyelid disorder; itching; inflammation of the cornea; tearing disorder; tearing; sensitivity to light; flu syndrome; sore throat.
This information is advisory only. It does not contain all information about this medication. If you have any questions about Ketotifen eye drops, ask your doctor, pharmacist, or health care provider.
Online Pharmacies Canada, a Canadian Internet-based pharmacy intermediary (license #BC X23), offers long term prescription drugs for low cost canadian online pharmacy prices. Online Pharmacies Canada facilitates the review of your prescription drugs and your general health. We forward all prescriptions to affiliated CIPA certified licensed Canada pharmacies to be filled. A professionally registered pharmacist fills all discount canadian prescriptions.
For more information on how you can order your drugs from Canada call 1-877-536-8162 or visit http://www.onlinepharmaciescanada.com/.