Fluphenazine is is a phenothiazine used for treating certain mental or mood disorders (eg, schizophrenia). It is not used to manage behavioral problems in mentally challenged patients.
Important Information on Fluphenazine
The antiemetic effect of this medicine may mask vomiting as a sign of toxicity due to over dosage of other drugs, or may obscure the cause of vomiting in various disorders such as brain tumor, intestinal obstruction, or Reye’s syndrome. Use caution while driving or operating any machinery as Fluphenazine may cause drowsiness, dizziness or blurred vision. Avoid consuming alcohol.
Not to be used if
- you are allergic to any ingredient in Fluphenazine or similar medicines;
- you have brain damage, liver damage, or blood or bone marrow problems;
- you have recently taken large amounts of alcohol or CNS depressant medicines, such as barbiturates or narcotic pain medicines;
- you are taking astemizole, pergolide, or terfenadine.
Inform your doctor
- if you are pregnant, planning to become pregnant, or are breast-feeding;
- if you are taking any prescription or nonprescription medicine, herbal preparation, or dietary supplement;
- if you have allergies to medicines, foods, or other substances;
- if you have a history of heart problems, low blood pressure, blood problems, problems with the blood vessels in your brain, liver problems (eg, cirrhosis), kidney problems, enlarged prostate gland, seizures or epilepsy, Parkinson disease, adrenal gland tumor (eg, pheochromocytoma), or Reye syndrome;
- if you have asthma, lung infection, or other lung problems (eg, emphysema), increased pressure in the eyes, or glaucoma, or if you are at risk for glaucoma;
- if you are regularly exposed to extreme heat or phosphorus insecticides;
- if you have a history of alcohol abuse.
Fluphenazine Side Effects
Most severe: Involuntary movements of tongue, face, mouth, or jaw (eg, protrusion of tongue, puffing of cheeks, puckering of mouth, chewing movements); tremors; increased body heat; rigid muscles; altered mental abilities.
Most common: Drowsiness; lack of energy; changes in skin color; vision problems; restlessness; excitement; bizarre dreams; nausea; loss of appetite; increased salivation; increased sweating; dry mouth; headache; constipation; blurred vision; glaucoma; nasal congestion; changes in weight; swelling of the legs and feet; false pregnancy test; irregular menstrual flow; increased sex drive in women; itching; rash; oily skin; hives; sensitivity to sunlight; gums, or throat; upper respiratory tract infection. or secretion; absence of menstrual flow; impotence; lightheadedness; stomach upset; vomiting; dizziness; tremors.
This information is advisory only. It does not contain all information about this medication. If you have any questions about Fluphenazine, ask your doctor, pharmacist, or health care provider.
Online Pharmacies Canada, a Canadian Internet-based pharmacy intermediary (license #BC X23),offers long term prescription drugs for low cost canadian online pharmacy prices. Online Pharmacies Canada facilitates the review of your prescription drugs and your general health. We forward all prescriptions to affiliated CIPA certified licensed Canada pharmacies to be filled. A professionally registered pharmacist fills all discount canadian prescriptions.
For more information on how you can order your drugs from Canada call 1-877-536-8162 or visit http://www.onlinepharmaciescanada.com/.