Captopril is an angiotensin-converting enzyme (ACE) inhibitor, used to treat high blood pressure, congestive heart failure, kidney problems caused by diabetes, and to improve survival after a heart attack. It may also be used for the treatment of heart failure or kidney problems related to diabetes, and after a heart attack.
Before using this medicine, tell your health care provider about any of the following: if you are pregnant, planning to become pregnant, or breastfeeding; if you are taking any other prescription or nonprescription medicine; if you will be undergoing surgery; if you have any other medical conditions.
- When used after the third month of pregnancy, this medicine can cause injury and even death to the developing fetus. When pregnancy is detected, stop taking this medicine as soon as possible.
- Avoid alcohol as it may lower the blood pressure.
- Do not use salt substitutes or potassium supplements while taking Captopril.
- Drink plenty of water to avoid dehydration.
Before using Captopril, tell your doctor if you
- have kidney disease (or if you are on dialysis);
- have liver disease;
- have heart disease or congestive heart failure;
- have diabetes; or
- a connective tissue disease such as Marfan syndrome, Sjogren’s syndrome, lupus, scleroderma, or rheumatoid arthritis.
Captopril Side Effects
Most severe: Severe allergic reaction, chest pain, uneven or fast heart beat, palpitations, difficulty breathing, difficulty swallowing, numbness or tingling in your fingers or toes.
Most common: Rash; fever; itching; joint pain; taste disorder; coughing, Increased sensitivity to the sun, tiredness, cough, loss of taste.
This information is advisory only. It does not contain all information about this medication. If you have any questions about Captopril, ask your doctor, pharmacist, or health care provider.
Online Pharmacies Canada, a Canadian Internet-based pharmacy intermediary (license #BC X23),offers long term prescription drugs for low cost canadian online pharmacy prices. Online Pharmacies Canada facilitates the review of your prescription drugs and your general health. We forward all prescriptions to affiliated CIPA certified licensed Canada pharmacies to be filled. A professionally registered pharmacist fills all discount canadian prescriptions.
For more information on how you can order your drugs from Canada call 1-877-536-8162 or visit http://www.onlinepharmaciescanada.com/.