Alphagan is used for the treatment of open-angle glaucoma or ocular hypertension (high pressure inside the eye). It works by reducing the amount of fluid in the eye which then decreases the pressure inside the eye.
Alphagan may contain the preservative benzalkonium chloride, which can be absorbed by soft contact lenses and cause eye irritation. Wait for at least 15 minutes before putting your contact lenses back in.
It may cause blurred or abnormal vision, drowsiness or fatigue, which can affect your ability to drive or operate machinery.
How does Alphagan work?
This medication works by simulating alpha receptors found on blood vessels that supply the ciliary body. This causes the blood vessels to compress and reduce the amount of watery fluid to form aqueous humour and decrease the pressure inside the eye.
Do not use Alphagan if
- You have used an MAO inhibitor such as Marplan, Nardil, Azilect, Eldepryl, Emsam, and Parnate within the past 14 days.
- You have kidney disease, liver disease, heart disease, high blood pressure, circulation problems, or a history of fainting and low blood pressure.
- The liquid has changed color or has particles in it.
Tell your doctor if you are pregnant, planning to become pregnant, or breast-feeding before using Alphagan.
- Slow or uneven heart rate
- Shallow breathing
- Severe swelling, redness, or discomfort in or around your eye
- Eye pain or increased watering
- Burning, stinging, or itching of your eyes
- Feeling like something is in your eye
- Blurred vision
- Mildly swollen or puffy eyes
- Sensitivity to light
- Nausea, upset stomach
- Headache, dizziness
- Muscle pain
- Tired feeling
- Sleep problems
Online Pharmacies Canada, a Canadian Internet-based pharmacy intermediary (license #BC Q37),offers long term prescription drugs for low cost Canadian online pharmacy prices. Online Pharmacies Canada facilitates the review of your prescription drugs and your general health. We forward all prescriptions to affiliated CIPA certified licensed Canada pharmacies to be filled. A professionally registered pharmacist fills all discount Canadian prescriptions.
For more information on how you can order your drugs from Canada call 1-877-536-8162 or visit http://www.onlinepharmaciescanada.com/.