Bromocriptine mesylate (Parlodel) belongs to a group of medicines known as ergot alkaloids. It inhibits the secretion of the hormone prolactin from the pituitary gland. It is also used to treat some people who have Parkinson’s disease.
It can also be used to treat medical conditions such as
- Infertility in women
- Menstrual problems
- Growth hormone overproduction leading to acromegaly, a condition characterized by an abnormally large skull, jaw, hands, and feet
- Parkinson’s disease
- Pituitary gland tumors
Before using bromocriptine mesylate (Parlodel) tell your doctor
- If you are pregnant, planning to becoming pregnant, or breastfeeding
- If you are on any other medications, taking supplements, or using over the counter products
- If you have high blood pressure
- If you have a history of heart attack, heart or vessel disease, high or low blood pressure, irregular heart rate, liver disease, mental disorders, retroperitoneal fibrosis, seizures (convulsions), ulcers or history of ulcers, an unusual or allergic reaction to bromocriptine, ergot alkaloids, sulfites, other medicines, foods, dyes, or preservatives
How is bromocriptine taken?
Parlodel can be taken with food. Take the first dose while lying down. You may faint or become dizzy due to lower blood pressure, especially following the first dose. Do not stop taking Parlodel without consulting with your doctor.
The dose of bromocriptine will be different for different patients. Follow your doctor’s orders or the directions on the label.
- Abdominal cramps or discomfort
- Drop in blood pressure
- Dry mouth & fainting
- Headache and inability to sleep
- Indigestion, light-headedness, loss of appetite
- Shortness of breath
- Visual disturbance
- Vomiting & weakness
Store at room temperature in a tightly closed, light-resistant container. Keep out of the reach of children.
Online Pharmacies Canada, a Canadian Internet-based pharmacy intermediary (license #BC Q37),offers long term prescription drugs for low cost canadian online pharmacy prices. Online Pharmacies Canada facilitates the review of your prescription drugs and your general health. We forward all prescriptions to affiliated CIPA certified licensed Canada pharmacies to be filled. A professionally registered pharmacist fills all discount canadian prescriptions.
For more information on how you can order your Canada drugs call 1-877-536-8162 or visit http://www.onlinepharmaciescanada.com/.