Shop with ease
We accept payments by
Visa, MasterCard, Discover Card, International Money Orders, and
Shop with confidence
We have strict
policies and procedures in place to safeguard the privacy and
security of your personal information.
If you reside outside
the jurisdiction of British Columbia, Canada and a problem
arises with our pharmacy, you can contact the College of
Pharmacists at B.C. to report your concern.
Search alphabetically for prescription medication, brand medication, or generic medication online.
What is a sore throat?
A sore throat is discomfort, pain, or scratchiness in the throat which makes swallowing difficult. Sore throats are caused by viral infections and most of them will not respond to antibiotics.
Strep throat is a common bacterial form of a sore throat. It usually leads to rheumatic fever; which is why antibiotics are given. Strep includes fever, and white draining patches on the throat. Strep throat cannot be determined only by physical examination. Lab tests are also required to diagnose strep throat.
Causes of a sore throat?
Below are a few causes of a sore throat.
- Breathing through the mouth causes drying and irritation of the throat
- Common Cold Virus
- Flu Virus
- Viral pharyngitis
- Something stuck in the throat
When to contact a professional?
- Excessive amount of drooling in a young child
- Fever which is higher than 101o F
- Pus located in the back of the throat
- Red rash that feels rough
- Increased redness in skin folds
- Persistent sore throat
Sore Throat treatment
To cure a common cold, drink lots of warm liquids such as honey or lemon tea. Also gargle warm salt water several times a day. This will temporarily relieve the pain. You could also try over-the-counter medications to relieve some of the pain caused by a sore throat.
- Wash your hands frequently
- Reduce contact with people who have a sore throat
- Drink plenty of water
- Use of a Sore throat medication
- Use of Robitussin to reduce symptoms from a sore throat
- Use of Vicks Vaporub to provide relief for a red rash on the outside of the throat